Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our Hero Fred

On April 23, 2009, The Fighting Back program had an Annual Achievement Night. Fred was honored, as well as two other individuals, Erica and Beth. Fred received a plaque with a quote from Anthony Robbins: "In every man and woman's life there comes a time of ultimate challenge-a time when every resource we have is tested. A time when life seems unfair, a time when our faith, our values, our patience, our compassion, our ability to persist are all pushed to our limits and beyond. Some people use such tests as opportunities to become better people-others allow these experiences of life to destroy them."
IN HONOR OF FRED PIERCE FOR EXEMPLIFYING THE TERM FIGHTING BACK.

Fred powerfully delivered a speech heard clearly by everyone present: "I want to thank the Fighting Back program for the award tonight.
I thank my trainer Noah Maxwell for nominating me for perseverance, courage, and hard work. He makes me laugh while pushing me to exercise.
Many thanks to my trainer Mike also.
I thank my beautiful wife Lorrie, who gets me out of bed and drives me to the gym three times a week.
That may not sound like much, but getting me out of bed is not for the weak and weary.
I thank God and Fighting Back for the ability to get stronger.


To my family, friends, and benefactors, I thank you for your love and support.

I am a man whom God has blessed!"

4 comments:

The Schultz Family said...

Yay Fred! You deserve every accolade they can throw at you, and so does Lorrie!! We all love you very much, and we wish we could have shared your special day with you!

our little brown life said...

That was an incredible night! I will go every year if it's going to be that good. Mom & Dad- you deserve that!
Love,Cal

Catherine Berg said...

What a beautiful night! I am so glad that I was a ble to be there!! Love the pictures, Mom and Dad.

Anonymous said...

I wish i could have been there! but i'm so proud and am so glad to see pictures!! yay Fred (and Lorrie...you are definitely a TEAM!)