Saturday, April 3, 2010

Savoring Spring in D.C.!







A few weeks ago I visited John at Catholic University, and the Browns in Alexandria. The market was bustling on the first weekend of spring!



The kids enjoy the great outdoors.


The Cherry Blossom festival was a feast for the senses!
At the Jefferson Memorial I was struck by the last words of The Declaration of Independence, inscribed on the wall there: "With a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor. " Very powerful sentiments, needed just as much now as over 200 years ago.
John was a great tour guide. We walked around the memorials after dinner. The FDR memorial was mysteriously beautiful at night. Highly recommended!




Who can resist a rock to climb?
Monica is a tomboy with lots of style.


We walked around the Tidal Basin, admiring the cherry blossoms and getting lots of fresh air and sunshine.




4 comments:

Catherine Berg said...

Gorgeous pictures! I 'm glad you had such a nice visit with John and the Browns in D.C.

Ania said...

Beautiful! It makes me smile to see what Chris and I have to look forward to once we start our family :)

Unknown said...

Great pictures!

teresa anthony said...

Wonderful pictures, Lorrie. I've only seen the cherry blossoms in D.C. one year, the year Cathy lived at home after graduation - I guess that would have been Spring of '84. We had a picnic lunch under the trees on a beautiful April day. I've never forgotten it.

(Cathy may not have liked that year living in Holtwood, but I loved doing things with her.)

Anyway, its wonderful to see the joyful April that you are having.
Carolyn, Luis, the kids and John all look wonderful.

Love, Teresa